SenecaWorks LLC (the “Company”) operates www.senworks.org / (the “Site”), which provides various services. This page is used to inform website visitors and Users regarding our policies pertaining to the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information collected by the Company.
Information Collection and Use
We use the information we collect on the Websites for various purposes, including:
Ensuring our Websites remain relevant to end user needs and are easy to use by providing analytics and other data regarding use of our Websites.
Sending marketing and promotional communications in compliance with applicable laws.
Enhancing, improving, or modifying our Websites and services, enhancing security, monitoring and verifying identify or service access, or combatting spam or other malware or security risks.
Identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our marketing and promotional campaigns and expanding our business offerings.
Providing confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, as well as all other support and administrative messages involved in your request or purchase of Learn Grant Writing products and services.
Alerting you to new products, special offers and promotions that may be offered by Learn Grant Writing and our selected partners.
Processing your payment for enrolled Learn Grant Writing products and services.
Keeping you informed about Learn Grant Writing promotional events such as webinars.
Contacting you regarding an open position at Learn Grant Writing for which you had previously applied. If you wish to share a Learn Grant Writing job post with your friend, we will collect their name and email address to send them a one-time email inviting them to view the invite. We do not store this information for any reason.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Site, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive. Our website uses these “cookies” to collection information and to improve our Site. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site. You can learn how to manage cookies on your web browser in your browser’s settings.
Google DoubleClick DART Cookie
Third Party Privacy Policies
Our Advertising Partners
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
To facilitate our services;
To provide services on our behalf;
To perform services related to our Site; or
To assist us in analyzing how our Site is used.
We want to inform our Users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Our Sites do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
SenecaWorks LLC needs to perform a contract with you;
You have given SenecaWorks LLC permission to do so;
Processing your personal information is in SenecaWorks LLC legitimate interests; or
SenecaWorks LLC needs to comply with the law.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
The right of rectification.
The right to object.
The right of restriction.
The right to data portability.
The right to withdraw consent.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because our Company values our Users’ privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all Users may make any changes to their information at any time by logging into their account and going to “Settings” and then choosing “Profile Settings.”
Data Retention, Use, Access, Corrections and Removal
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Learn Grant Writing services. If you wish to access, amend, correct, remove, or limit use of your information, contact us at: [email protected]
We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Opt Out and Unsubscribe
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Be aware that if you opt out of receiving emails from us in your online course settings, we will not be able to send you information that is important while taking the course, including your certificate upon completion. We also use ConvertKit, a third party provider for email communications. If you no longer want to receive emails from us, you can click unsubscribe from the bottom toolbar of any email you receive from us.
Our Terms of Service
4. While the Company uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in the Site, the Company makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. The Company assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
5. When you register with the Company and/or this Site, you expressly consent to receive any notices, announcements, agreements, disclosures, reports, documents, communications concerning new products or services, or other records or correspondence from the Company. You consent to receive notices electronically by way of transmitting the notice to you by email.
6. If you send comments or suggestions about the Site to the Company, including, but not limited to, notes, text, drawings, images, designs or computer programs, such submissions shall become, and shall remain, the sole property of the Company. No submission shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of the Company. The Company shall exclusively own all rights to (including intellectual property rights thereto), and shall be entitled to unrestricted use, publication, and dissemination as to all such submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise without any acknowledgment or compensation to you.
7. The Company shall use commercially reasonable efforts to restrict unauthorized access to our data and files. However no system whether or not password protected can be entirely impenetrable. You acknowledge that it may be possible for an unauthorized third party to access, view, copy, modify, or distribute the data and files you store using the Site. Use of the Site is completely at your own risk.
9. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR MAINTAINING THE SITE AND/OR ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE SHALL BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL CONTENT ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THE SITE, THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF SUCH MATERIALS, THE SUITABILITY OF SUCH MATERIALS FOR ANY USER’S NEEDS OR THE LIKELIHOOD THAT THEIR USE WILL MEET ANY USER’S EXPECTATIONS, OR THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR CORRECTION. THE COMPANY LIKEWISE DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES THAT YOU WILL EARN ANY MONEY USING THE SITE OR THE COMPANY’S TECHNOLOGY OR SERVICES. YOU ACCEPT ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR EVALUATING YOUR OWN EARNING POTENTIAL AS WELL AS EXECUTING YOUR OWN BUSINESS AND SERVICES. YOUR EARNING POTENTIAL IS ENTIRELY DEPENDENT ON YOUR OWN PRODUCTS, IDEAS, TECHNIQUES; YOUR EXECUTION OF YOUR BUSINESS PLAN; THE TIME YOU DEVOTE TO THE PROGRAM, IDEAS AND TECHNIQUES OFFERED AND UTILIZED; AS WELL AS YOUR FINANCES, YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND YOUR SKILL. SINCE THESE FACTORS DIFFER AMONG ALL INDIVIDUALS, THE COMPANY CANNOT AND DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES REGARDING YOUR SUCCESS OR INCOME LEVEL. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT USE OF THE MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE, THE CONTENT, AND/OR THE MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE ARE FREE FROM BUGS OR VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY REPAIRS OR CORRECTIONS. THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERFORMANCE OR SERVICE PROBLEMS CAUSED BY ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE OR THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER. ANY SUCH PROBLEM SHALL BE GOVERNED SOLELY BY THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND THAT PROVIDER. Please note that the applicable jurisdiction may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties. Some of the above exclusions may thus not apply to you.
11. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, RELIANCE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGE OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, EQUIPMENT, INFORMATION OR DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE OR GOODWILL, COST OF CAPITAL, COST OF REPLACEMENT SERVICES, OR CLAIMS FOR SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS OR TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS, OCCASIONED BY ANY DEFECT IN THE SITE, THE CONTENT, AND/OR RELATED MATERIALS, THE INABILITY TO USE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER OR ANY OTHER CAUSE WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT THERETO, REGARDLESS OF THEORY OF LIABILITY. THIS LIMITATION WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OR IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
12. You agree to indemnify and hold the Company and each of its directors, officers employees, and agents, harmless from any and all liabilities, claims, damages and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or relating to (i) your breach of this Agreement, (ii) any violation by you of law or the rights of any third party, (iii) any materials, information, works and/or other content of whatever nature or media that you post or share on or through the Site, (iv) your use of the Site or any services that the Company may provide via the Site, and (v) your conduct in connection with the Site or the services or with other users of the Site or the services. The Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section. In such event, you shall provide the Company with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by the Company.
14. DISPUTE RESOLUTION - MANDATORY ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER
Arbitrator Authority: The arbitrator’s authority is governed by this arbitration agreement. You and the Company agree that the arbitrator may award the same relief that a court of competent jurisdiction could, but the arbitrator may not award declaratory or injunctive relief that extends beyond you and your dealings with the Company. An arbitrator may award attorneys’ fees and costs to the prevailing party if a court would be authorized to do so under applicable law.
Arbitration Procedures: You and the Company agree that your agreement affects interstate commerce, and the Federal Arbitration Act applies. All arbitrations shall be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”). The AAA’s rules are available on its website at http://www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. If the Claim asserted in arbitration is for less than $75,000, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes will apply. If the claim is for more than $75,000, then the Commercial Rules will apply. If there is a conflict between the AAA Rules and this arbitration agreement, then this arbitration agreement shall control. For claims less than $75,000, the Company will pay all filing fees and costs associated with commencing an arbitration, but you will be responsible for paying your own attorneys’ fees, unless you prevail in the arbitration and the arbitrator finds that you are entitled to recover attorneys’ fees under the law. The arbitration will be held in a mutually agreeable and convenient location.
15. Governing Law. The Site is controlled by SenecaWorks LLC from our offices located in the State of Alaska and it can be accessed by most countries around the world. As each country has laws that may differ from those of Alaska, by accessing the Site, you agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Alaska, without regard to the conflict of laws and the United Nations Convention on the International Sales of Goods, will apply to all matters relating to the use of this Service and the purchase of any products or services through this site.
16. Survival. This arbitration agreement survives the termination of this Agreement between you and the Company.
Last Updated: August 11, 2020